It’s all about being virtuous and good to others. Treating with utmost kindness, mercy, and generosity your parents, children, neighbors, the orphans, the helpless, the poor, and even the captive.
Refrain from and denounce all that is bad: Drinking Alcohol, stealing, committing adultery, fornication, gambling, lying, cheating, hypocrisy, treating anyone with injustice, racism or inequality, gluttony, greed, selfishness, arrogance, harming others from any faith or background in anyway or form.
Perform and promote all that is good: Love, peace, equality among all God’s creatures, justice even on oneself or those closest, treating parents with utmost respect, being kind to and NOT causing harm to any of God’s creatures, human, animals, even as tiny as ants, or plants; honesty, charity, generosity, fidelity, mercy, forgiveness, visiting the sick, and not taking anything that was not rightfully hard-earned.
Main Differences from Christianity?
Why would your Creator give you something then ask you NOT to use it?
- Islam doesn’t ask you to take/accept things and believe them merely on faith, on the contrary, it calls on people to use the most precious gifts they were given: Their minds, intellect, and senses. In the Quran, verse after verse calls on mankind to observe, seek knowledge, reflect, and ask questions and ultimately connect the dots by using the faculties of human reason, confident in that sincere seeking of the truth only leads to God. Terms used in the Quran in various contexts can best be translated as “to reason”, “reflect”, “ponder”, etc.
God urges mankind to practice “critical thinking”, not ordinary or shallow thinking.
2. There is no God but The One and Only God. He has no child nor was He born. All prophets, including Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad, are human and messengers chosen to convey His message to the peoples.
Similarities with Christianity?
- Muslims are sincere and accurate followers of everything prophet Jesus preached. Their way of praying, fasting and their view of The Creator aligns with that which prophet Jesus taught. Jesus never, in the original scriptures, claimed at any point that he was God or preached to be regarded as God, or introduced Trinity, or said he was the son of God. Evidence to that can be found in the Bible.
- One CANNOT be considered a Muslim UNLESS he truly believes in Jesus. Loves, respects and regards him as highly as he regards prophet Muhammad and every other prophet.
The single and most important advice
Do not take anyone’s word for it, even mine. Conduct your own research with a pure, unbiased heart that genuinely seeks to know what is good and right. Do not be a follower of mainstream media or how it portrays and stereo-types Muslims. Do not even look to Muslims to judge the Religion, a huge percentage of them are not practicing Muslims just like most Christians aren’t. Some may even have insufficient knowledge, or an incorrect understanding and hence provide the wrong information.
Quran’s standing challenges:
- No person could ever create a chapter or even verse that is as strong and profound in structure, wording, meaning and effect as the Quran.
- There can be no contradiction or anything that does not make perfect sense in the Quran.
- There can be no contradiction in the Quran with any proven scientific fact neither now or ever.
- Not a single word or letter was ever altered by humans. It consists ONLY of words of the Creator conveyed to his prophet Muhammad.
- Any alteration of even a single letter impacts the miraculous structure of the Quran.
Do yourself a favor… READ the Quran and other books on Islam. No one loses anything from reading a book !! It will at least give you a better understanding of the religion unjustly under attack nowadays.
(Video below is the recitation of the very first, opening, chapter of the Quran, with translation).