Ego is rightfully placed amongst the biggest sins because it causes us to perceive ourselves as being much bigger and more knowledgeable than we actually are, when viewing life and the world..
We’re smaller than a speck of dust compared to the universe, and our knowledge, yet smaller. There is no justification, nor historical reference for that matter, for thinking that we’ve reached a stage where we KNOW IT ALL. Nonetheless, we’re driven by our ego that causes us to demand of the Creator, controller, and motion-organizer of this vast universe to give us a proof of His existence and power .. as if all the miracles that exist in our own selves and everything around us are not enough!
Spiritual-wise: (if you’re spiritually-oriented then..)
Faith is a need and urge that exists in our innate nature.. He is in no need for us, it is WE who need Him, we need to believe in the Great Creator that has brought us to being, and to hold on to faith in order to rest our, otherwise, troubled souls.. this need keeps nagging upon us. We feel otherwise lost trying to answer questions like who are we, and what is the purpose of all of this? And… What next?!!
This is particularly evident in times of severe and sudden psychological trauma, fear, or despair, when one gets freed from all reservations, and acts in absolute spontaneity. This is when even atheists find themselves begging for God’s Help and Mercy.
It is also the reason behind the noticeable tranquility, calmness in demeanor, peace and contented smile observed in people of strong faith and religion. It is not attributed to wealth as it’s found even with the poorest of people, definitely not because they enjoy a good retirement system! This calmness is especially unmistakable is Muslims, because they know they got it right. Those who have strong, unshaken conviction based on knowledge and research feel certain they have found the last piece in the hugely complex puzzle of their spirituality that “Clicked” in place, causing them to experience satisfaction in wholesomeness and clarity, and are therefore relieved, reassured, and calm at last. They amazingly find privilege in calamity, knowing that hardships are God’s way of purifying a person of sins, reminding the soul of its Creator, keeping it grounded, not overtaken by ego yet again, bringing it closer to Him and the warmth of His Mercy and Care.
Those that live without holding on to believing in God, on the other hand, mostly live in anxiety and restlessness, as reported by many ex-atheists who felt lost, confused, and in immense need for guidance.
Proof-wise: (if you’re science-oriented)
The proofs to the existence of God are countless and in abundance, in every single one of His creations. It’s unexplainable how a logical human would not accept that a glass of water can exist without someone making it, yet they are willing to concede the existence of this unfathomable universe without a Creator.
Atheists argue that religion does not give us tangible proof or answers to every single thing. Well, science fails to, and is not able to, answer all questions. It remains incapable of providing explanations for numerous things. Yet atheists are willing to bet their lives and the Ever-after on it, rather than bet on religion which presents far more evidence on the existence of a Creator.
They ask, so who created God? Which totally contradicts with calling Him a Creator.
This is exactly why God says in the Quran that of all the believers, it is scientists that have the most fear of God (having known His Power and Abilities through the study of His Creations). Of course here we’re talking about the scientists who are humble enough to admit it, not those who perceive that science made them all powerful and too big to bow to a Creator, how little they become when they’re that inflated! And that is why we witness many atheist scientists converting to Islam (being the most logical religion).
Business-wise: (if you’re business and profitability-oriented)
Consider the following:
- Around 7% of the World’s population only are Atheists (around half of which are in China, the second biggest majority in Russia, both countries influenced by their regimes into adopting atheism. Both seeing a conversion movement.). So wouldn’t probability suggest that 93% are more likely to be right? And why is it that most of the elite scientists are not atheists?
- Science is still unable to answer many critical questions (After life, soul, purpose of life, origin of universe, and many many more. Religion also does not answer some questions, which are considered kept by the All-Knowing for purposes unknown to us, but also gives us some answers to questions science can’t. Yet, you’d rather risk your whole life on science, a created being in itself with all its laws, mechanics and theories, rather than place your bet on the one that created science?
- Considering above arguments, associated risk in both scenarios, and probability that greatly favors the likelihood that God exists, ask yourself:
What if you were wrong?!!
What you stand to lose here far exceeds what a person of faith would lose if he discovered he was wrong.
- Accountability: Atheism is mostly favored by certain people to escape accountability and the fact that this gives them endless freedom to do what they desire without fear of consequences (repercussion). But think about this… Every human system that exists applies the rules of accountability, ever since we were children, at home, in school, college, at work.. etc. So, in the holistic life-system, are we not accountable for how good or bad we are? And if not, what could possibly motivate us to excel and do more in charity and kindness? What compels us to go above and beyond our basic law-enforced duties and do the right thing? On the flip side, what stops us from being obnoxious?
- Purpose: Every object that exists in our life has a purpose, so what is the purpose of ours? Why do we even bother to get up in the morning and work?
- Morality: What is our source of morality? Atheists sometimes argue that we can be non-believers yet conduct ourselves in the highest ethical standards. True, But…
Who’s to say or decide what’s right or wrong? Where is the reference if not religion? Why wouldn’t people have a sexual relationship with a sibling for example? Why would they get married, they can just have sex in the street, with whoever, or whatever for that matter. Where did the laws of conduct come from? And let’s say you happen to be a civilized, well-balanced, ethical human, don’t you think there are very bad atheists, with absolutely no moral inclination? Wouldn’t you then fear for your children, daughter, sister, mother, the elderly? How would the society look like when people have no predisposition to try to do only the right thing?
- Motivation: If we assume this whole life is for nothing, no purpose, no creator, no accountability whatsoever, and no afterlife, why not we all end it and solve our every problem? It would be easier than having to go through all struggles and challenges. What motivates us to continues living, working hard, getting up in the morning, if all this was for nothing at all?
- Order: This extreme order and organization that’s apparent in every single aspect of this life HAS to be controlled and managed by some all-knowing all-magnificent power. It can’t be just a chaotic/unorderly sequence of events. Every single man-made system that exists (e.g. machines, governments, production lines, health systems, education, etc. ) has a manager or a parallel mechanism that controls and monitors it, in order to ensure it operates/runs properly and corrects any mistakes should it deviate from normal/intended path. There has to be a manager with checks and balances done. This is a law of life we’re living by daily. So who’s the Creator and Manager of the greatest and biggest of all systems? Nature is a creation in itself, it doesn’t have the intelligence or knowledge to make things happen. Whereas whoever created and is controlling this unfathomable universe has to have an amount of intelligence that is beyond our imagination and comprehension. Yet, as insignificant as we are compared to the universe, our ego become so inflated with the minute amount of science we’ve come to know and the first thing we decided to do is to challenge our Creator and deny His existence. Ask Him to prove Himself to us. How dare we??!!
- Innate knowledge: How were all the creatures, humans, animals and plants, born with innate knowledge that guided them on what they should do from the moment they were born? How did the spider learn to create a web so perfect that it takes a skilled artist or architect years to learn to do? How did the new leaves on a plant know where to stem from when it was discovered that the new stem location process follows a Fibonacci numbering system? Where did the unbelievable amount of knowledge found in our DNA come from when nature itself is a non-intelligent creation?
It just doesn’t make sense at all!!!
You know what makes sense?
It is that we are here for a purpose, there is a Creator, this life is only but a short phase no matter how long we live and it passes so quickly, and we shall have to come face to face with all our actions, good or bad, someday!!
Yet God puts us in higher standing and regards us more than we really deserve, favoring us to angels for having willingly chosen to worship Him, unlike angels who have no will or ability to choose.
The stakes are just too high for you to keep on ignoring this matter. My sincere advice: read, research, learn, ask (pray) with all sincerity for guidance and truth, approach the topic with a totally open and unbiased mind, and above all, with humility. Humble yourself enough to conceit a possibility of a Creator that you should ask for help. And finally, put your ego, other peoples’ influences, and worldly matters aside.
He loses nothing with or without you on His side. YOU stand to lose EVERYTHING, and ETERNALLY. This IS the most important project you need to work on in your life.
You only get one chance, one lifetime, so please get it right!!